Thursday 6 January 2011

Chilli Con Carne

A few days ago was the first time that I ever made Chilli Con Carne (Chilli with Meat) and we all loved the result (well nearly, Daisy complained that it was too spicy, but we disagreed with her).

I got it from Sam Stern's, Cooking Up a Storm. Sam Stern is a teenage chef who writes brilliant cooking books packed full of all kinds of recipes. This is one of my favourite so far as it was flavoursome, not too dry or too wet and it was the perfect heat (chilli wise).

Cooking Up a Storm is a great split up into easy to find sections for all kinds of occasions. Sam Stern has also wrote Real Food Real Fast, Get Cooking, The Student Cookbook and Eat Vegetarian. 

You can eat it with all sorts of things, great with rice, excellent as a topping on jacket potatoes, delicious in tortilla wraps and probably much much more.

Sorry, but we ate all the evidence so no pictures here!

I would definitely recommend buying Sam's books as I use it so often to make delicious food. This was an excellent recipe and I am sure that I will  use it again and again. I give it a 10 out of 10!


No comments:

Post a Comment